What to bring to your Personal Injury Attorney consultation
Understanding your rights after a personal injury starts by finding legal help. Every day, Eisenberg Law Offices helps people get the compensation they deserve for injuries in the Madison, Wisconsin area. But for many, the dilemma comes not in deciding to retain an attorney, but in knowing what to take to your consultation. With that in mind, before you arrive to your appointment, take a look at this checklist to make sure you are prepared.
What You Need
Some items really are important to evaluating and preparing for your claim. This includes identifying information and some basics to help us get started:
- Your driver’s license
- Auto and health insurance cards
- A police or accident report
- Copies of any bills you have received related to the accident
- Any correspondence with insurers or other parties
- Photos of the accident scene, damaged vehicle, and injuries
All of these will help us understand who you are and give us a starting point from which to investigate your claims. This can give you a significant boost in getting started.
Other Items to Bring
Ideally, you will have taken notes after your accident or injury, and maybe collected some additional documentation. We can get the following later, but your providing them will help us immensely in moving forward for you:
- Names of others involved in the accident or injury
- Any notes you took after the accident
- Names and contact information for witnesses
- Names of all the people and facilities that treated you for injuries
- Contact information for insurance adjusters with whom you’ve spoken
- Paystubs from work so we can understand economic losses
A personal injury lawsuit, like any other lawsuit, depends ultimately on the facts of your case. The more information you can provide, as to what happened and how it affects you, the more quickly we can evaluate your case. If you have been injured, take care of your needs first. But take the time to prepare to meet with us. The more we know, the sooner we can preserve your rights and get you the recovery you deserve.
This post was originally published at https://www.eisenberglaw.org/consultation-checklist-bring/.